Back To School Information
Dear WHSD Community,
We are happy to announce that with the most recent update by the Oregon Health Authority to the COVID metrics, the Warrenton Hammond School District can now begin providing in-person instruction for students in grades 4th – 12th. This is great news! We are excited to be able to provide in-person instruction for students in all K – 12 grades. With this news comes a change to our plans for the start of school next week. Here is what you need to know:
- There is no change to the plan for students in grades K – 3.
K-3 Students will have in-person, on-campus instruction Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM. Friday is a distance learning day.
- Orientation Days for Students in Grades 4th – 12th
To begin the school year for students in grades 4th – 12th we want to support your child/ren in adapting to what will be a unique learning environment this year in our district. As such, our first days for in-person instruction next week will be orientation days for students in grades 4th – 12th as follows:
Grades 4-5 - In-Person Orientation:
- Group A – Wednesday, 9/16 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM
- Group B - Thursday, 9/17 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM
Grades 6 - 8: In-Person Orientation:
- Group A: Wednesday, 9/16 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Group B: Tuesday, 9/15 & Thursday, 9/17 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Grades 9 - 12: In-Person Orientation:
- Group A - Wednesday, September 16th, 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Group B - Thursday, September 17th, 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- The first day of school for all WHSD students in this Monday, September 14th. Even with the in-person orientation days scheduled for next week, it is important to note that the first day of school for all students in our district is still this coming Monday, September 14th. Students in grades 4th – 12th are expected to start the year doing distance learning on this day.
Look for additional details from each of our schools later this weekend.
We look forward to seeing our students on campus next week.